Jan 9, 2011

Microsoft Kinect for PC?

Have you tried the Microsoft Kinect controller? if not should try! Amazing...
I walked into Sainsbury 2 months back and found the advertised Kinect controller for sale and more interesting a demo unit!
I was so excited and walked towards it, it detected me and a male avatar appeared on the TV.. oh my God! that was good. It is very responsive and detected all the actions I made.. I played bowling but, managed to miss the target completely! first time right but, will get it!

I am sure many would already own one.. I also wanted one...
But now what? moving to the next stage!

Already developers and working in developing hand gestured controlled browsing Hand gesture controlled browsing  - very impressive but, will it make us lazy??? many more..
All this efforts is towards embedding the Kinect sensor into the PC.

Imagine life after that.. lying in a good sofa, in-front of a big screen, browsing, watching movie, typing documents, editing, coding everything.... changing the way of using PC, changes the wake people work.
I am a big lover of technological advancement, but I would be happy if this technological advancements does not make us lazy!

Some source says Microsoft along with Asus, working on this already, not making us lazy, but Kinect embedded into PC.

And something very interesting.. Kinetic hacks already working on Motion controlled sex game!!!! interesting right??? Technology has many corners :)

Source: BBC
Check this Xbox-Kinect

No comments: