Jun 17, 2011

PC Pro Magazine, Issue 200, 201 & 202

Hey Friends

ac18e4a00a47_19472151

I am reading PC PRO magazine for the past 3 months and I am loving its contents. Lot of topics covered, good reviews, more over very, very interesting articles and a full DVD of latest good software’s, very useful. The articles I read in last 2 issues were really shocking and we all need to be very much aware of those stuffs. So I am sharing those things with you all guys! Please read and pass on.

To be honest with you all its a very good magazine,if you are thinking of subscribing any new technological magazine, I would say go, for PC PRO, the subscription starts with good initial offer, so that you can smell the magazine and feel the taste, if interested you can carry on, else, just kick it out! (cancel your subscription anytime)

3 magazines for £3 good deal right?

June – Issue 200

Few bits about Windows 8, ipad 2, Latest Processors,  Wi-Fi, Future of Kinect, IP v6, very good ultra value laptop reviews.

I am looking to buy a laptop for my Sister and this review gave me a very good idea about the market out there. They have picked up the best value laptops and they have spotted the best place to buy those laptops.

Lab Winner – Toshiba Satellite C660 – £395 (Including VAT) – www.laptopsdirect.co.uk

PC PRO Recommended – HP G62 - £448 (Including VAT) – www.saveonlaptops.co.uk

If we spend some time browsing, definitely we can pick up some good deals online!

The shocking thing in this article “CONFESSION OF A COMPUTER REPAIR MAN” click the link and read the full article.

it_photo_163732_52

Words of a Computer Repair Man: “The trick is to give the computer a good tune-up clear any adware or malware that might be sling down the machine. There’s no real need to actually install the strips of RAM that the client has paid for” source : PC PRO

While reading the article I started thinking about the days when I used to give my PC for service and get shocked on seeing the bill! Its all part of the game right? Its not only happening in India, it is happening all over the world!  

July – Issue 201

Windows 8 Expectation, Evolution and progress of Libre Office

10 Tech Firms That Blew It – Very good information about Nokia, Real Networks, Quark Express, Iomega, Palm, AOL, Yahoo, Friends United, Dec Alpha and Sun Microsystems.

All the above companies didn’t blew up completely, but missed ample of opportunities to grow.

My favourite on is Yahoo, once the search giant, now searching itself in Google!

The very interesting part about Yahoo is, in 2002 Yahoo tried to acquire Google, but Terry, the CEO was not happy to pay $3 billion for Google! now Google worth $184 billion!!!!

The same happened again in 2006, now its Facebook, Yahoo was not happy to pay extra $1billions, now Facebook value is $50 billion. Very interesting right?

Another Interesting article is

1305065946150

 “MOBILE DATA RIP-OFF” – It was a daring article, I have to say! All the hidden stories about all the UK mobile networks, is Ripped off!

Among 3, Vodafone, O2, Orange, Virgin, BT- 3 gives a good offer for Data Roaming.

The unlimited is just for advertisement! purely! they claim unlimited data, but in small letters it will be written “Fair usage”!

I am using Vodafone, before few months while waiting for broadband connection I used to connect my mobile to my Laptop and use the mobile internet on my laptop, it has a acceptable speed! after 2 days I received a call from customer care saying that

Sir, You will be charged for any more data usage!!

what?, I was told I have unlimited data usage??

The guy said! Sir, Its should be under fair usage!!

What is Fair usage?

500mb!!!!

Oh.. oh…here comes the moment to truth! The same with all network except 3, which truly gives unlimited data service and the speed was very very good, because the network was build with data in mind!

There is an interesting comparison about roaming price in that article. After checking the comparison I understood why my friend was charge £100 as roaming charge for checking few email abroad! It was the great O2 network, few of my colleagues have even paid "£1500 – £2000 as roaming charge for checking mails abroad! what a shame! this is how they make money!

DVD - It comes with Free Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 – in PC PRO labs it achieved 100% performance and in my Lab (my laptop) also it does the same!

August - Issue 202

I received this issue few days back, haven’t started yet reading, allocated for this weekend journey!

I will just run through the menu, there is few interesting articles, as always!

100 Technologies that changes the world, Super zoom cameras,CSI smartphone,more news about Windows 8 and a full DVD of free software’s

Calvin

No comments: